Last Updated: June 19, 2017
Other third parties, such as merchant locations at which you, as a customer, may visit and make help requests through our Software; or retail companies at which you, as a team member, may work and be invited by your employer to use this software; or social networks that you use in connection with our Software, may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third parties or their services. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Software. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Software and personalize your experience. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), billing information, survey responses, demographics, primary city, current and prior help requests details, brick-and-mortar location visits, passwords, contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your help requests through our Software, and other information you provide on our Software. If you use our mobile application, we may also collect your mobile device ID, your precise location data, and the merchant locations you select. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our Software and combine that with information we collect on our Software.
When you register an account with our Software, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you register an account with our Software, we may automatically collect your location, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before downloading our Software. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Software using certain technologies, such as:
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Software or in our emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Software.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Software for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Software or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- log calls made through our Software to retail locations you visit;
- make help requests through our Software to participating retail locations you visit;
- capture rating and reviews you submit through our Software;
- notify you when you leave the geolocation of a participating store at which you used our Software;
- offer you, or provide you with, products and services;
- initiate a text message or email recipients you designate;
- operate and improve our Software, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Software, products, and services, such as understanding your help request history to make recommendations about other locations, products, services or offers you may like;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- display relevant advertising;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information relating to our products and services, including participating retail locations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Floorwatch, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select merchants; and our other selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- authenticate credit or debit card account information provided by merchant subscribers; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that number.
Floorwatch may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
3.1 Information Shared with Retail Merchants
When you make a help request through our Software, your information is provided to us and to the retail merchants with whom you choose to interact. In order to facilitate your help request or provide customer feedback, your information is provided to that retail merchant, just as it would if you made a help request in person, by calling the brick-and-mortar location, emailing the brick-and-mortar location, or using the brick-and-mortar location’s website.
When you make a help request to a retail merchant through our Software, we also share additional information with that retail merchant, such as your email address, information about your preferences and history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of providing comments about your store visit that Floorwatch will pass on to that retail merchant.
We may share with retail merchants summary reports of feedback collected through our Software. If you provide comments about a Brick-and-Mortar Location through our Software, these comments may be shared with that retail merchant. We do tie your email contact information with your comments.
Information you choose to share with a retail merchant when you make a help request through our Software may be used by the retail merchant for its own purposes. Floorwatch does not control, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of retail merchants. Please contact the retail merchant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
3.2 Information You Share Socially
Our Software may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Software may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Floorwatch has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Floorwatch also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
3.3 Sharing with Others
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the retail merchant locations at which you make help requests through our Software) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
- We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Software.
- We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
- We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
4. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Floorwatch takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Software or through our Software, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
To be clear, Floorwatch does not itself store credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Floorwatch or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Floorwatch account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
5. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Floorwatch by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Floorwatch account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Software.
Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Software.
6. CONTACTING FLOORWATCH
North America and Europe
For questions about accessing, changing, or deleting your personal information, please visit http://www.floorwatch.com/ or contact customer support via email at email@example.com.
For questions or opinions on this Policy, please contact Floorwatch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at: Floorwatch, Attn: Legal Department, 4 Court St, Ste 308, Plymouth, Massachusetts 02360.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Information about you may be transferred to, or accessed by, entities located around the world as described in this Policy. Where required, Floorwatch has implemented appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection for transfers of certain personal information, including, but not limited to, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
8. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, subject to certain exceptions. In general, again, subject to certain exceptions, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom it disclosed personal information in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. One of the exceptions allows Floorwatch to provide California Customers a cost-free means to opt out of these disclosures instead of providing such list. Any customer may request to opt out of these disclosures by contacting Floorwatch as described above. California Customers may also request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at our address above.
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Floorwatch may update or revise this Policy from time to time. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Software. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Software.